Sunday, July 15, 2018

T5 vs T4 vs T3 vs T2 vs T1

A lot of players think that a higher Tier of troops in Brutal Age is always better. That is most likely not the case! Please see below various points from my analysis / research which can give you more ideas about using T1, T2, T3, T4, T5 in a smarter way.

#1 Troop Strength

Brutal Age is most probably based on other games which were very similar to it which came before. My research shows that based on those cases the higher Tier troops are not that much stronger!

Players confuse Strength with Power. Power is not Strength!
Power is the total score of your "kingdom" and all things (buildings, army, research, etc) contribute Power to your TOTAL Power number on top. Higher Tier army units contribute more Power.

While the Power contribution of troops increases from T1 to T5, their strength does not go up in the same way. Actually it's more like this:

• Tier 2 is 2 times stronger than Tier 1. This is the easy part. 
  • Tier 3 is 3 times stronger than Tier 1 or only 50% stronger than Tier 2.
  • Tier 4 is about 4.5 times stronger than T1 or also 50% stronger than T3
  • And T5 is probably also 50% stronger than T4 although might be double because it is very hard to get T5 - more confirmation is needed.
  • Note: this is not 100% guaranteed data but comes from research / testing as explained above.

When you are attacking:

Then you definitely want to have a high Tier army units, but this is only because March size is limited, so we want to try to put as much power inside that limited space as possible. 

When you are defending:

This is when you want the lower Tier units, because you can train a lot more lower Tier than the attacker can train higher Tier. So the defender has the advantage!

For example if the attacker is coming with 100,000 Tier 3, then with the same time/resources the defender can train 200,000 Tier 2 units, which will be a lot stronger than the attacker whose 100k T3 is equivalent to 150k T2 for this calculation, so the defender will have a 50k unit advantage and win!

The hospital problem:

The problem with lower Tier units is the hospital space. You will never have enough space for such a big army so if the attackers are stronger then a lot of units will die. However, when you have massive armies then most units will die anyways. Hospital space can never catch up with total army size if you are playing well / correctly.

#2 Troop Load

Tier 1 Warrior has the best troop load = 13 Load. That's massive compared to even high Tier units. For example, the T2 of the same type, the Protector, has 10 load, but it takes 2 times more time to train and costs more resources. So you can train A LOT of T1 Warriors cheaply and get a HUGE amount of load to gather resources.

T1 units are also very useful when recovering from total destruction! They can be healed instantly and allow you to quickly gather resources to help you recover. And once you grow back to your maximum hospital capacity you can both farm more resources and restart training stronger units.

#3 Risks and Farming in the open

Lastly, sometimes players have to gather resources outside their color area - the open / dangerous space. If there is an attack on your gatherers in the open they will all die. So it is very good to have some T1s to use for this purpose because I have seen people lose T3s and T4s out in the open which is a total waste of units.

Conclusion

• T1s or even T2s can do a lot and serve many purposes and if they die it is not the end of the world.
  • I think players should have various Tier units to use for various purposes.
  • The best units should be used for attacking mixed with some lower Tier units as sacrifice if there must be losses.
  • The lowest Tier can gather resources in large amounts or help defend your outposts if you get attacked.

4 comments:

1. Hello, that would mean that to be invincible they need millions of T1?
    I can do a big push right now but there is a better interest to make t1, t2 than t5?

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Even with 1 million T1 an enemy clan can rally with 2 million units and win. There are no guarantees if the base is not managed. However if the purpose is only defense lower Tier has advantage, but it is much harder to move/hide 1 million units if you might need to hide from an attack. And they would also fill up hospitals much faster.
      So there are advantages and disadvantages to everything.

Delete
  2. actuellement nous sommes peu nombreux dans notre clan il a ete decimes par un autre beaucoup plus puissants quel serait la technique pour ne pas etre bloqué. je suis max en recherche et construction, je peux faire n'importe quel soldat mais y a t'il une strategie pour contrer la puissance de feux des adversaires .?
    combien de t1,t2 peuvent rivaliser avec une mobilisation de t5 ? si je mets mes runes full defense ainsi que mes talents ai je une chance d'etre rassurer en defense ?

ReplyDelete

3. currently we are few in our clan he was decimated by another much more powerful what would be the technique not to be blocked. i am max in research and construction, i can do any soldier but is there a strategy to counter the firepower of the opponents.?
    how many t1, t2 can compete with t5 mobilization? if i put my runes full defense as well as my talents have i a chance to be reassured in defense?

ReplyDelete